PROPOSE AN EXHIBITION FOR THE COMMUNITY GALLERIES
Deadline: May 1
The Members Committee is seeking exhibition proposals for works in any medium with the aim of offering current Art Center members and students an opportunity to curate and exhibit their work. Proposals may include solo or group exhibitions. Proposals including classmates and instructors from a VACNJ art class are welcome.
All proposals received by May 1, 2022, will be placed into consideration for the 2022–2023 exhibition season for the Art Center’s second-floor members galleries—the Marité & Joe Robinson Strolling Gallery II and the Ann’s Place Gallery. The 2022–2023 exhibition season is from September 2022 to August 2023. The Members Committee will make the decision about the schedule of exhibitions during the exhibition season.
There is NO entry fee. The artist/individual submitting the proposal will be responsible for curating and organizing the exhibition including the collection and dispersal of artworks. Art Center staff will provide a space ready to hang, will provide help in installing the work, and will work with the artist(s) to plan an opening event.
All applicants will be notified by early July of the Members Committee’s selections for the 2022–2023 Exhibition Season.
To submit a proposal:
- You must be a current Art Center member at the time of selection.
- You must not have had an exhibition in the community galleries in the last three years.
- You must send a single PDF file that includes the following:
- 10 images representative of the work to be shown with an identifying list of the titles, sizes, and media of those images.
- Contact information including name, email, and phone number of individual(s) submitting the proposal.
- A description of the exhibition including participating artist(s) and concepts or themes that will be explored in the exhibition.
Send complete proposal via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete proposals will NOT be considered.