Members like you allow the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey to be a cultural gem within our community. We are the state’s preeminent institution dedicated exclusively to showcasing, making, and learning about contemporary art.
Our members represent the heart and soul of all that we do. Be sure to check out these exciting new benefits for our members—one of the ways we show our appreciation for YOU!
Basic Membership Includes:
- Unlimited free gallery admission
- Eligibility for exhibition opportunities
- Members-only tuition rate on Studio School classes
- Discounted admission to selected special events and programs
- Discounts on exhibition catalogs
Exciting New Benefits
- Invitation to VIP Exhibition Openings (all membership levels)
- New Neighbor Promotion (Introduce us to a new neighbor and we’ll offer them a free 3-month family membership, all membership levels)
- Class Registration Priority (Family +)
- Special Swag Bag (Friends +)
- Priority Access to Exclusive Artist Events & Tours (Contributor +)
- One-Year Subscription to Artforum Magazine (Supporter +)
- Exclusive tours of Kean University’s Art Exhibition (check your email for details)
Please note: You do not need a membership to take classes.
The Members Committee is made up of members working together to organize exhibition opportunities for members to show their work at the Art Center. These exhibits include the Members Show & Collectors Week event, which occurs in the spring; the Downtown Arts Festival (Art + Cars) that takes place in September; and year-round Members Exhibitions in our second-floor community galleries.
The committee has openings for approximately three new members in 2022. If you have questions, contact Executive Director Melanie Cohn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by March 31.
The Art Center offers a series of exclusive opportunities throughout the year for member artists, which are overseen by the Members Committee. The Members Committee has three signature programs: an annual member’s exhibition in our Main Gallery; member exhibitions in the Marité & Joe Robinson Strolling Gallery II; and The Summit Downtown Art Festival, in collaboration with Summit Downtown, which takes place in September.
The Members’ Committee is excited to announce the Members Art Show & Collectors Week! This exhibition is a celebration of art made by our members.
Register early to guarantee a spot! Space is limited.
Artwork Accepted: Tuesday, May 31, 10 AM–8 PM
Exhibition Opening: Friday, June 3, 6–8:30 PM, awards presented at 7:30 PM
Closing Toast & Art Pick-up: Sunday, June 12, 3:30 PM (All work must remain on view until 3:30 PM, June 12. No exceptions.)
All Art Center Members are welcome to hang one original work of art. Space is limited, so register in advance to guarantee your spot. Then bring your artwork to the Art Center’s main floor gallery on Tuesday, May 31 from 10 AM–8 PM. $30 entry fee. One artwork per member. Maximum size is 40 x 40” for 2D work (including frame) and 24 x 24 x 36” for 3D work. Artist must be a current, adult member of the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey. Exhibiting members must be 18 or older. Guest juror Estelle Fournier select five works to receive awards.