Entry Deadline: Members Art Show & Collectors Week
Members Art Show & Collectors Week
Artwork Accepted: Monday, June 12, 10 AM–8 PM
Exhibition Opening: Friday, June 16, 6–8:30 PM, awards presented at 7:30 PM
Closing Toast & Art Pick-up: Sunday, June 25, 3:30 PM
NEW THIS YEAR—an opportunity for our members under 18! For the first time, the Art Center will have an exhibition of artworks of our members 17 and younger. The youth members’ works will be displayed on the Art Center’s second floor.
Want to Exhibit Your Work? Here’s How!
All Art Center members are welcome to hang one original work of art. Space is limited, so register in advance to guarantee your spot. Then bring your artwork to the Art Center’s Main Gallery at 68 Elm Street, Summit, New Jersey on Monday, June 12 from 10 AM–8 PM.
- $30 entry fee
- One artwork per member. Maximum size is 36 x 36” for 2-D work (including frame) and 24 x 24 x 36” for 3-D work.
- A guest juror will select five works from the adult members show to receive awards.
The Fine Print:
- Works must be dropped off in person on Monday, June 12 from 10 AM–8 PM. Works must be picked up in person on Sunday, June 25, 3:30–5 PM; Monday, June 26, 12–7:30 PM; or Tuesday, June 27, 12–5 PM.
- Artists may send a representative for drop-off or pick-up but must have a letter signed by the artist authorizing them to submit and/or pick up artwork. Artists under age 18 must have a parent or legal guardian drop off and pick up artwork.
- Space is allotted on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to members that register in advance. Space is limited, so register early!
- Wall-mounted works must be wired and ready to hang. A limited number of pedestals and tables will be available for sculpture on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are displaying hand-crafted jewelry or other small items, you must provide your own display armature(s).
- All artworks must be family-friendly in content. The Art Center retains the right to refuse an artwork for any reason.
- Artists can choose to have their artworks for sale. Commission is 20% to the Art Center and 80% to the artist. Artists can choose to donate all proceeds to the Art Center’s programs.
- Sold work can only be picked up by the purchaser during the designated pick-up times listed above.
- Any artwork not picked up by 5 PM on Tuesday, June 27 becomes the property of the Art Center.