2019 Members Art Show and Collectors Week
The Members Committee is excited to announce the third annual Members Art Show & Collectors Week! Responding to feedback from last year’s participants, this year’s exhibition has been expanded to a 10-day celebration of art made by our members. The exhibition will be open to the public from June 21–30.
Exhibition Opening: Friday, June 21 from 6–8:30 PM awards presented at 7:30 PM
Closing Toast & Art Pick-up: Sunday, June 30, 3:30 PM
Want to exhibit your work? Here’s how!
All Art Center Members are welcome to hang one original work of art on a first come, first served basis. Stop by the Art Center’s Main Gallery at 68 Elm Street, Summit, New Jersey, with your work on Wednesday, June 19, 10 AM–8 PM. Want to sign up in advance? Click here.
- $20 entry fee
- One artwork per member. Maximum size: 40” x 40” for 2D work (including frame); 24” x 24” x 36” for 3D work.
- Artist must be a current member of the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey. Member must be an adult.
- A guest juror will select five works to receive awards.
The Fine Print:
- Works must be dropped off in person during the installation period: Wednesday, June 19, 10 AM–8 PM (or until exhibition is at capacity).
- Works must be picked up in person Sunday, June 30 after 3:30 PM; Monday, July 1, 12–7 PM; or Tuesday, July 2, 10 AM–5 PM.
- Artist may send a representative for drop off or pick up but must have a letter signed by the artist authorizing them to submit and/or pick up artwork.
- Space is allotted first come, first served.
- Wall mounted works must be wired and ready to hang. A limited number of pedestals and tables will be available for 3D works on a first come, first served basis.
- If you are displaying hand-crafted jewelry or other small items, you must provide your own display case.
- All artworks must be family-friendly in content. The Art Center retains the right to refuse an artwork for any reason.
- Artists can choose to have their artwork for sale. Commission is 20% to Art Center and 80% to the artist. Artist can choose to donate all proceeds to the Art Center’s programs.
- Sold work can only be picked up by the purchaser during the designated pick-up times listed above.
- Any artwork that is not picked up by 5 PM on Tuesday, July 2 becomes the property of the Art Center.
Not a Member?