This Institute is actually an informal set of lessons for currently teaching artists for the Studio School here at the Art Center. I am creating this effort to add some professional development to your experience here.
Social Media Strategy
I hope to introduce you all to some basic ideas ao you can decide what skills you need to acquire this year. In surveys and conversation, I hear from many artists that the Art Center does not do enough to promote things. This is actually not the case: we cannot promote things alone, We need your help.
Workshops January 2-6, 3:30-5 pm
These are lectures and demos. I am not available as a tech support for you in any way. Please do not bring broken devices or expect me to tutor you through things you can find help with online. I am providing a map for you and highlighting strategies I have found succinct and effective.
I will add pages and materials off of this page.
- Monday, Jan 2: “The Internet & Social Media: Basics” (what are the apps, devices, and functions we are talking about, anyway??)
- Tuesday, Jan. 3: “Social Media Strategy: Basics” (how and where do you start with a social media presence?)
- Wednesday, Jan 4: “Facebook and Instagram in Depth” (using the 2 most common tools, how can you promote yourself?)
- Thursday, Jan 5: “Web Presence: Basics” (What should a website do? How does one get one started?)
- Friday, Jan 6: “Documenting Work” (How and why do you document your work for print and online?)
What else can I help you work on? Email me to let me know!