Our Members are the cornerstone of our mission of bringing art and people together. The Art Center offers a series of exclusive events for our Members throughout the year. Not a Member? Join today!
Become Part of the Art Center’s Members Committee
The Members Committee is made up of members working together to organize exhibition opportunities for members to show their work at the Visual Arts Center. These exhibits include: two Members Show and Collectors Weekend events in the fall and spring, Downtown Arts Festival (Art + Cars) in September, and year-round Members shows in the second-floor community galleries.
The committee has openings for three new members in 2018. To join our efforts, please fill out the application at http://bit.ly/memberscommittee or pick up a hard copy at the front desk at the Art Center, fill it out, and return it. If you have questions, contact Executive Director Melanie Cohn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by December 1, 2017.
Spring 2018 Members Art Show & Collectors Weekend
The Art Center’s Members’ Committee is excited to announce the Spring 2018 Members Art Show & Collectors Weekend, a three-day celebration of art made by our members, open to the public.
- Friday, May 18, 6pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, May 19, 11am-4pm
- Sunday, May 20, 11am-4pm
Exhibition Opening: Friday, May 18 from 6-8:30pm, awards presentation at 7:30pm
Closing Toast & Art Pick-up: Sunday, May 20, 3:30pm
All work must be picked up by the artist by Wednesday, May 23 at 5pm.
Want to Exhibit Your Work? Here’s How!
All current Art Center members are welcome to hang one original work of art, on a first come, first served basis. No advance signup needed. Just bring your work to the Art Center’s main floor gallery on Wednesday, May 16, from 12-8pm or Thursday, May 17, from 10am-3pm. A $20 entry fee is required and all artwork submitted must be smaller than 40” x 40” for 2-D work and 24” x 24” x 36” for 3-D work. Submitting member must be an adult. A guest juror will be selecting five works to receive awards, which will be presented on opening night. This exhibition will be open to the public.
Download an entry form here. Forms should be submitted with artwork during the installation period.
The Fine Print:
- Works must be dropped off in person during the installation period: Wednesday, May 16, noon – 8:00 pm or Thursday, May 17, 10am-3pm (or until exhibition is at capacity).
- All work must be picked up by Wednesday, May 23 at 5pm
- Artists may send a representative for drop off or pick up but must have a letter signed by the artist authorizing them to submit and/or pick up artwork.
- Space is allotted first come, first served.
- Wall mounted works must be wired and ready to hang. A limited number of pedestals and tables will be available for sculpture on a first come, first served basis. If you are displaying hand-crafted jewelry or other small items, you must provide your own display case.
- All artworks must be family-friendly in content. The Art Center retains the right to refuse an artwork for any reason.
- Artists can choose to have their artworks for sale. Commission is 20% to Art Center & 80% to the artist. Artist can choose to donate all proceeds to the Art Center’s programs.
- Sold work can only be picked up by the purchaser during the designated pick-up times listed above.
- Any artwork not retrieved by 5pm on Wednesday, 5/23 becomes the property of the Art Center.