Do you have art or crafts you want to show and sell? The Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, Summit Downtown, and Summit PAL are thrilled to host an outdoor art festival in beautiful downtown Summit! Arts + Cars will take place on Sunday, September 16, 2018, from 10 AM–4 PM (rain or shine) and will work alongside local businesses and the Summit Farmer’s Market. Additionally, the event will include a car show and a stage with musical performances all day long in order to attract large audiences to look at and purchase your work!
Arts + Cars is a juried arts and crafts festival. Download the application here. Apply for your space by completing and mailing in the linked form or handing it in at the Art Center. Deadline for entry is August 15, but those entering by June 15 will be eligible for an early bird discount.
Complete application must be submitted with all materials together. The committee will not consider incomplete applications.
The complete application can be submitted via email, regular mail, or in person at the Art Center. The following is required:
- 5 images of representative artwork/crafts that will be on display in the booth (Double and Triple booth applicants may send up to 9 images showing work that represents each artist). These images can be sent in print out if mailing in OR in JPEG or PDF format if submitting via email. The images should be indicative of what will be on display in the booth and not more than 2 years old. Your name & images may be used in advertising.
- Personal artist bio, printed out if mailing in OR in pdf format if submitting via email.
- A completed Hold Harmless Agreement (required by the City of Summit)
- An application.
- Credit card information or, if mailing application, the option of two checks payable to “Visual Arts Center of New Jersey” with “art fair” notated on the memo line:
- $25 Application Fee – non-refundable & deposited on receipt.
- Booth Fee –deposited when the artist has been selected to exhibit (details included in the application form). Booth fee discount of $25 if postmarked or received by June 15. If you are not selected, the booth fee check will be returned to you or your credit card will not be charged.
Artists will be notified by email by August 30 of their acceptance into Arts + Cars.
Please send questions/inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls