The Visual Arts Center of New Jersey continually works to enrich, amaze and inspire all who pass through our doors. The Art Center provides an opportunity for employees to deepen their love of art while contributing their skills and talents. Throughout the year a variety of opportunities may become available.
The Art Center provides a competitive benefits package for full-time employees.
Summer Camp Counselor Job Description
The position of Summer Camp Counselor covers many responsibilities. Applicants must be patient, enjoy working with children, and have confidence in their ability to motivate and assist campers. A counselor’s role includes being an extra set of hands and eyes for teachers before, during, and after each camp session, as well as being a guardian and guide to the campers in assigned groups. While each teacher will direct you towards their own needs, the main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Helping set up classrooms
- Gathering and preparing materials before each camp session
- Assisting students with projects during camp
- Helping teachers during camp as needed (making copies, getting supplies from other rooms, escorting younger students to restrooms, etc.)
- Helping students and teacher clean up after each camp session
- Supervising campers during lunch break
- Making sure supplies are returned to the appropriate place
- Making sure storage areas are kept well maintained and orderly
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4/25/2018, with “CAMP COUNSELOR 2018” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed after the submission deadline. No phone calls. All applicants must submit paperwork and clear a background check before they can be booked for work
Summer Camp Manager
Full Time: 5 days per week (Monday-Friday) 8am-4pm
Start Date: May 28, 2018 End Date: August 31, 2018
Application Deadline: April 4, 2018
Reporting to the Studio School Director
Summary: The Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, in Summit, NJ, is seeking a full-time Summer Camp Manager with a minimum of two years of work experience. Must have strong management, communications, and customer relations skills. Able to work independently with excellent time management skills.
Responsible for facilitating the daily operations of summer camp and providing timely administrative support for the Studio School Director. Frequent physical work is required, lifting up to 30 pounds. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Visit www.artcenternj.org for more information. Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “SUMMER CAMP MANAGER 2018” in the subject line. No phone calls.
- Processing camp registrations and confirmation letters
- Supporting the Studio School Director in installing Friday Art Exhibitions
- Managing camp counselors and volunteers
- Checking in students at the front desk, and answering parents/caregiver questions
- Preparing art materials for projects; keeping track of supplies needed
- Overseeing schedule of day-to-day activities
- Overseeing lunch, inside and outside
- Setting up for each week (attendance sheets, master sign-in sheet, schedules)
- Conducting counselors’ orientation with the Studio School Director
- Producing signage for art shows
- Managing phone calls from parents/caregivers and answering questions about camp
- Assisting in distributing and reviewing evaluations
- Frequent physical work is required, lifting and handling of supplies
- Performing other duties as requested by the Studio School Director
- Art experience (experience creating art, and knowledge of supplies)
- Strong customer relations skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, non-profit and team-oriented environment
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Capable of meeting the physical requirements of the job, such as lifting up to 30 pounds
The Studio School of the Visual Arts Center is a bustling place: every quarter, we serve 1,200 students as they work with over 80 teachers in 140 classes. We support students, teaching artists, and volunteers. We help the Art Center fulfill its mission to bring contemporary art to the region. Each member of our team can find a particular path into the work: you are welcome to shape your approach so your time at the Art Center is filled with valuable experiences.
Model (Nude and/or Clothed): MUST BE EXPERIENCED
- Posted: August 14, 2017
- Reports to the Studio School Coordinators
- Apply by emailing the Studio School at firstname.lastname@example.org and be ready to provide a cover letter, your resumé, and 3 work references.
- Please do not apply if you have no experience, you will not be considered.
Models are an essential part of any live drawing class. If you model for us, you may not work in other areas, but we rely on a strong core group of models to work for all of our classes.
- Pose unclothed or clothed for a variety of art classes including drawing, painting, and sculpture.
- Take and hold a variety of well-designed and visually interesting poses.
- Initiate an appropriate pose in conjunction with the instructor’s lecture.
- Take a series of short poses varying in time from one to ten minutes to enable students to practice capturing quickly the essentials of an action or gesture.
- Take and hold a pose without moving for twenty to twenty-five minutes; take a five-minute rest and resume the pose; continue for an entire class session or as directed.
- Remember a pose exactly after rest periods; resume same physical position, angle and facial expression.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Appropriate poses for drawing, painting and sculpture classes.
- Basic design principles.
- Well-designed and visually interesting poses.
- Appearance, coordination and physical capabilities of a model’s body. Our instructors design lessons requiring different body types, so clear communication as to your physical type is essential. All body types are welcome.
Skills and Abilities:
- Pose in the nude for art classes.
- Take and hold a pose without moving for up to twenty minutes.
- Remember and resume poses exactly after rest periods.
- Initiate appropriate poses in response to instructor’s lesson.
- Understand the look and capacity of his/her body.
- Behave in a professional manner throughout all interactions with staff, faculty, and students.
- Any behavior considered to be threatening or sexual in nature will result in immediate dismissal.
- Provide own transportation and come to all appointments at the Art Center as scheduled.
- If you cancel on an appointment without due notice, you will not be considered for further employment unless you have a compelling and provable reason.
- All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of studio school students and staff.
Apply by emailing the Studio School at email@example.com and be ready to provide a cover letter, your resumé, and 3 work references.