The Visual Arts Center of New Jersey continually works to enrich, amaze and inspire all who pass through our doors. The Art Center provides an opportunity for employees to deepen their love of art while contributing their skills and talents. Throughout the year a variety of opportunities may become available.
The Art Center provides a competitive benefits package for full-time employees.
Customer Relations Associate
- Posted: November 15, 2018
- Reports to Customer Relations Manager
- Apply by emailing resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Under the supervision of the Customer Relations Manager and the Director of the Studio School, the Customer Associate will assist in providing quality services to VACNJ’s diverse audiences. This part-time position is the primary customer interface for visitors, students, and staff. Responsible for the effective organization and operation of the reception desk.
Greeting the public, processing studio school registration, answering customer questions, answering incoming calls, managing reception desk, data entry, and administrative tasks which include Google Apps, Microsoft Office, and customer service software, and ability to interact with diverse constituencies. Manages the reception area to ensure that routine customer requests are satisfied. Other duties as required.
• Enjoy working with the public, with the ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with local and international visitors, members, and VIPs, and VACNJ staff.
• Proficiency in general computer operations including browser-based apps, Google Apps, Microsoft Office: web forms, word documents, slide shows, spreadsheets, images, and file maintenance.
• Experience using customer service applications: you must be able to do all required transactions for the operation of the Studio School, Museum, and Membership departments. These operations will be specific to your role and training will be provided.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, computer and office organizational skills required.
• Must be flexible and a detail-oriented team player with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to take direction and immediately amend approach to tasks based on feedback
• At least three years of customer service work, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Experience with customer services principles, practices, and procedures
• Knowledge of arts/culture audiences a plus
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
Job Type: part-time (maximum 24 hours per week). Flexibility with schedule a must.
Model (Nude and/or Clothed): MUST BE EXPERIENCED
- Posted: August 14, 2017
- Reports to the Studio School Coordinators
- Apply by emailing the Studio School at firstname.lastname@example.org and be ready to provide a cover letter, your resumé, and 3 work references.
- Please do not apply if you have no experience, you will not be considered.
Models are an essential part of any live drawing class. If you model for us, you may not work in other areas, but we rely on a strong core group of models to work for all of our classes.
- Pose unclothed or clothed for a variety of art classes including drawing, painting, and sculpture.
- Take and hold a variety of well-designed and visually interesting poses.
- Initiate an appropriate pose in conjunction with the instructor’s lecture.
- Take a series of short poses varying in time from one to ten minutes to enable students to practice capturing quickly the essentials of an action or gesture.
- Take and hold a pose without moving for twenty to twenty-five minutes; take a five-minute rest and resume the pose; continue for an entire class session or as directed.
- Remember a pose exactly after rest periods; resume same physical position, angle and facial expression.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Appropriate poses for drawing, painting and sculpture classes.
- Basic design principles.
- Well-designed and visually interesting poses.
- Appearance, coordination and physical capabilities of a model’s body. Our instructors design lessons requiring different body types, so clear communication as to your physical type is essential. All body types are welcome.
Skills and Abilities:
- Pose in the nude for art classes.
- Take and hold a pose without moving for up to twenty minutes.
- Remember and resume poses exactly after rest periods.
- Initiate appropriate poses in response to instructor’s lesson.
- Understand the look and capacity of his/her body.
- Behave in a professional manner throughout all interactions with staff, faculty, and students.
- Any behavior considered to be threatening or sexual in nature will result in immediate dismissal.
- Provide own transportation and come to all appointments at the Art Center as scheduled.
- If you cancel on an appointment without due notice, you will not be considered for further employment unless you have a compelling and provable reason.
- All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of studio school students and staff.
Apply by emailing the Studio School at email@example.com and be ready to provide a cover letter, your resumé, and 3 work references.